When a person starts to lose their teeth, they often lose their confidence and tend to smile far less. We at Radiant Smiles Dental Care Albany believe that everyone should have their smile last a lifetime. Dentures are a great tooth replacement option to help bring back your confidence through a natural-looking smile!
What Are Dentures?
Dentures, also known as false teeth, are a cost-effective solution for patients who want to replace missing teeth. Dentures are often made of materials like porcelain, acrylic, and cast metal. They can be installed either temporarily or permanently, depending on your needs.
Dentures fit into the place where your teeth are missing. Before denture installation, one of the dentists here at Radiant Smiles Dental Care will consult with you, evaluate your dental needs, and decide on the right solution for you!
How Much Do Dentures Cost in Albany?
How much do dentures cost?
For specific denture treatments, please see this general price guide according to the recent ADA survey:
|Type of Denture
|Single tooth denture
|Full mouth dentures (upper and lower)
|Emergency denture repair
*Please note: The prices listed here are only estimates, based on the Australian Dental Association’s (ADA) Dental Fees Survey for 2022. Your actual cost for dental treatment might be different, as everyone’s dental health needs are unique and require a personalised care plan.
What Are the Advantages of Dentures?
- Low Maintenance: Dentures, especially removable ones, are extremely easy to maintain. For removable dentures, all you need to do is brush them, and soak them in a glass of water while you sleep. Be sure to use a soft-bristle toothbrush and denture cleaner when brushing.
- Restore Speech Ability: When people lose teeth, they often lose the ability to pronounce certain words and phrases properly. Dentures not only fill the gaps in your smile, but they can also bring back your ability to converse fully and effectively.
- Comfortable: At Radiant Smiles Dental Care, dentures are created to fit your mouth specifically. No patient will ever get the same set of dentures. This means that your set will fit perfectly in your mouth, and be as comfortable as having your original teeth!
- Improve Overall Dental Health: When you have missing teeth, there is a higher chance that you could get periodontal (gum) disease and tooth decay on surrounding teeth. When you wear dentures, you replace your missing teeth, restoring your ability to chew food properly, thus preventing bacteria build-up.
- Boost Confidence: We believe that everyone should have the smile they dream of. By getting a set of dentures, you can achieve that, and boost your confidence massively with a perfect smile!
- Affordable: When compared to other teeth replacement treatments, such as dental implants or implant-supported dentures, traditional dentures are a cost-effective, relatively long-lasting option.
What Types of Dentures Are There?
At Radiant Smiles Dental Care, we offer two main variations of dentures:
- Complete Cosmetic Dentures: A complete set of cosmetic dentures is designed to replace an entire mouth of missing or decayed and damaged teeth. One of our experienced prosthetists will make cosmetic dentures designed to fit your bone and facial structure.
- Partial Dentures: On the other hand, if you are only missing a handful of teeth, partial dentures may be the solution for you. Partial dentures are intended to help retain the natural dental placement by only replacing lost teeth. This will stop the existing healthy natural teeth from moving and deteriorating even further.
Either of these denture options will give you a natural-looking tooth replacement option that can help bring back your confidence through a beautiful and radiant smile!
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dentures?
The most obvious candidates for a set of dentures or fake teeth are adults who have experienced a significant amount of tooth loss. Any good candidate must still have relatively good gum and jawbone health. If your general dental health is poor, it may be difficult to permanently install a set of dentures.
Your bone structure is also important in determining whether you’re a good candidate for dentures. If your jawbone has somewhat deteriorated, then it may be possible to get a bone graft before installing your false teeth.
Despite these slim limitations, nearly everyone who has missing teeth would be a perfect candidate for either full or partial dentures. Everyone deserves a smile they can be proud of!
How are Dentures Installed?
- Initial Consultation: The denture installation procedure starts with you speaking to our expert dental prosthetist. During this consultation, the dentist will evaluate your mouth and the situation regarding your missing teeth. Our Albany dental team will then determine what the best route forward is for improving your dental situation.
- Extractions if Necessary: Since denture installation requires a patient with good oral health, the dentist may recommend the extraction of decaying or damaged teeth. If you’re getting a full set of dentures, any remaining teeth may need to be extracted.
- Take Impressions: Once your mouth is ready for dentures, the prosthetist will begin taking a series of impressions to get a full picture of the situation. These impressions will help the prosthetist create wax dentures for trial testing. Our prosthetist will also use these impressions to create precise models and patterns for the dentures.
- Test Trial Dentures: Once the wax dentures are ready, they will be fitted into your mouth to see if they are comfortable and if the measurements need to be adjusted. We want you to feel comfortable, so during this stage, you may bring up alterations you feel necessary!
- Final Alterations and Fitting: After the final alterations have been made, the real, final dentures can be cast and fitted into your mouth.
Visit Radiant Smiles Dental Care Albany to Get the Dentures You Need!
Radiant Smiles Dental Care is one of the leading clinics for dentures in Albany. Our denture treatment is successful and popular because it’s underpinned by our client-centred approach and our belief that everyone deserves the smile of their dreams!
Our team will treat you with kindness and will be with you every step of the way. By the end of the denture procedure, you will be able to smile with confidence again!
If you’re looking to get dentures installed, contact us.
We offer the following payment plans:
Zip Pay and Zip Money
Dentures are a long-term dental treatment, so they normally last anywhere between 5 and 10 years. The life expectancy of your dentures depends on how well you clean and maintain them.
Each denture material has its own advantages and disadvantages:
- Acrylic: Acrylic is the easiest denture material to adjust and is often the most comfortable for patients. Acrylic is the cheapest option for dentures, but they aren’t as long-lasting as the other options.
- Porcelain: Porcelain is one of the more expensive options for artificial teeth. They are, however, extremely strong and durable, and their appearance is very natural compared to the other denture materials.
- Metal: Metal dentures are a great option, generally sitting between acrylic and porcelain dentures. They are more expensive than acrylic but cheaper than porcelain. They are hardy and durable, yet also adaptable due to their smaller size.
- Zirconium: A much more recent development is zirconium dentures. They are well-known and sought after for their durability and aesthetically natural appearance. However, zirconium dentures are the most expensive option.
Your dental professional may tell you to sleep with your dentures in for the first few nights so that your mouth can properly adjust. After this initial period, it’s recommended to place your dentures in a glass of water or denture cleaner while you sleep, for hygiene reasons.